Intellisense for SQL Server

I dunno if you've heard of Red-Gate. but so far they've created some very top notch software to help out with both webservices and Sql Server. I've personally tried both their Sql Data Compare and Sql Compare wich helps match both schema and data accross diffrent databases and servers. This has many benefits as you can easily work in a test environment and have the ability to work with some close to live data. and after you've completed your work you can propagate the changes to your test environment with out a hassle not to mention you can minimize the time it takes to roll changes to your live environment.

But really what I wanted to talk about today was Sql Prompt. It's Intellisense for Sql Server. That's it. Well that's not just it. It loads a systray app in your system and hooks directly to your Query Analyzer. Off the cuff I found it to be extreamly effective. I started to write my Select statement and it was able to appropriately give me back names of tables to complete and even name of stored procedures that were available to me. One of the options that I liked the best, was the join feature, in which it helps you complete a join statement super quick by giving you a small list of all available joinable fields. you can type at your desire or pick from the list... ultra cool.
Well now for the hook and sinker... It's Free :). Unlike the other products that help make them money. Probably the most useful app they have on their site is completely free. Of course after using this little proggy you're gonna probably want to return and see what other cool apps they have. To get your copy click on the following link:
SQL Intellisense, Intellisense for SQL Server - SQL Prompt

After using it for a few minutes I was able to get the hang of it. Extra niceties are things such as auto-completion for your parameter names for a sproc (stored procedure). nice touch guys!

btw, nope I do not work for Red-Gate, I just happend to have really liked a few of their Software Titles. :)

---*update*---
SQLprompt will only be free until Sept 1st.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Service Broker and External Activator for Sql Server...

Lighting Quick Table RowCounts for your Tables

List to Table